And in case you missed all the drama, read below.
(Warning - there be an F-bomb or other choice words dropped because I'm just that frustrated)
So yesterday you may have tried to get to some posts and when you typed in www.autismwonderland.com you saw a perky girl in a backpack. Obviously not me. Not my blog.
Apparantly my custom domain name expired.
I didn't realize this until later in the day.
For a few hours, I thought I lost everything. ALL of my blog content - more than a year of writing.
I cried about this in the bathroom at work.
And I panicked.
UNTIL I realized I could still log in to blogger and was able to view all of content. (Don't sigh with relief just yet.)
In my haste and panic I clicked a button & reverted back to www.autismwonderland.blogspot.com address. And my blog was back up. (Don't sigh with relief - there's more.)
I tried to repurchase my custom domain name. But I couldn't. It's already taken. (Um, yeah. By me.)
With the help of some of my favorite bloggers, I was able to figure out I needed to renew my custom domain name. And I was able to. I paid the measly renewal fee and have access to custom domain name for another year. (DON'T sigh with relief. There's more.)
I CAN'T SWITCH BACK! I can't switch back to the domain name I already own. Or maybe I don't know how.
I am NOT tech savvy. AT ALL. I mean, I still don't know how to turn on my radio because it's connected to all our other home theater equipment. The fact that I was able to do as much as I did here on this blog still amazes me.
And now its gone. And I feel like everything I worked so hard on this last year went to shit.
Why does this fucking suck?
(The difference between www.autismwonderland.blogspot.com and www.autismwonderland.com)
- All of my links are now broken. ALL OF THEM.
- If you're a blogger and you linked to www.autismwonderland.com - the link is broken.
- ALL of my links to back posts within my posts/pages. Are broken.
- If you were kind enough to write a guest post or interview and referred to it on your blog - that link is broken.
- I was recently listed as a resource in an autism magazine. If someone types in that website address. They will never find it.
- If you google autismwonderland. The .com will come up and you'll get an error message.
- All your wonderful comments, likes, FB shares & tweets - public proof that people actually read this blog & found it useful - they are all gone too.
- I've lost all the blogs I've followed in the last year.
- All of business cards have the www.autismwonderland.com address - they may be useless if I can't fix this.
- And my logo & header say .com - that will need to be changed too. And even though my brother did the artwork...that's a whole other can of worms.
- My cute little buttons of my logo and my blog meme that I started - those codes will need to be adjusted.
So you see...why this is just shitty. It took me so long to get this place. And it's gone. I have no fucking idea how to get it back.
And if I can't get it back to my domain name quickly - it will take a LOT of work and time and effort to make sure, all the links on this page are directed to the right place.
If you have a clue, will you let me know?
Post a Comment
AutismWonderland - written by Lisa Quinones-Fontanez - is a personal blog chronicling a NYC family's journey with autism, while also sharing local resources for children/families with special needs.