the LITTLE things are a BIG deal:
a motivational blog meme
When you are a parent of a special needs child, you quickly learn that the LITTLE things are a BIG deal. It may be a first clap, wave or word. There is no such thing as a small accomplishment. And nothing is taken for granted.
I will never forget the first time The Boy pointed his finger. It had taken weeks of ABA therapy and crying and resistance. But the first time The Boy pointed his finger independently, we (the therapist, me, my mother & The Husband) were all home and we jumped up and down, smothering The Boy with kisses and praise.
Had it not been for autism, I may not have recalled the day The Boy first pointed his finger.
But you don't need to be a special needs blog writer to link up. We all have LITTLE things that are a BIG deal. In our home, we celebrate everything. And I want to celebrate your "little" things here.
- Grab the button (below) & post it in your post or sidebar
- Refer to my blog in your post & link to my current "Little things/Big deal" post
- Link your "Little things/Big deal" post with Linky Tools
- Stop by other blog writers who have linked up & leave a comment
- And if you really like a post, give it a thumbs up. The blog post with the most likes will get a shout out the following Monday.
- And it doesn't need to be a blog written on Monday. You will be able to link your blog Monday thru Saturday (11:59 pm EST)
(DO NOT use this blog for self promotion)
- Adding links that do not point to Little things/Big deal posts
- Linking up without visiting any of the other blogs. AutismWonderland is a community of blog writers.
1/9/2012 ~ the LITTLE things are a BIG deal #2